Egyptian authorities have tentatively identified the remains of one of the bombers who struck a Red Sea resort on Saturday, killing scores of people.
Security sources say they believe a known Sinai militant, Youssef Badran, was at the wheel of a vehicle that exploded in front of a hotel. Authorities were performing DNA tests Tuesday to confirm the identity.
Egyptian sources say police have been looking for links between Saturday's attacks and two Sinai bombings last year that killed 34 people. The possible links surfaced after two militant groups claiming credit for Saturday's attack said they also carried out bombings last October near a resort in Taba.
Meanwhile, the Egyptian Health Ministry says 64 people died in the blasts, while local doctors say they account for 88 fatalities. Several reports quote hospitals as saying the ministry count excludes some sets of body parts.
Some information for this report provided by Reuters, AP and AFP.