Indonesia's health ministry says international tests have confirmed that a 30-year old man who died last month had contracted bird flu.
An Indonesian health official, Joko Suyono, says samples from dead man tested positive for the virus at a Hong Kong laboratory affiliated with the World Health Organization.
The man is the 25th Indonesian known to have died of bird flu since 2003, the second highest death toll of any country after Vietnam.
Officials say the victim was a resident of western Jakarta who had a history of contact with sick poultry. He died at a Jakarta hospital for bird flu patients April 26.Some information for this report was provided by AFP and Reuters.