China says the death toll from an explosion in a northeastern coal mine has risen to 19, with the confirmation of 18 more deaths.
The official Xinhua news agency said Monday that 18 miners missing since Saturday have been found dead.
Xinhua says the explosion occurred Saturday evening. One miner was found dead Sunday.
The news agency says an initial investigation found that the operators of the mine illegally resumed production after their license had been revoked.
China's mines are among the most dangerous in the world, with safety standards often ignored as mine operators push production amid soaring demand for coal.
Some information for this report was provided by AFP and Reuters.