Bosnian television has aired video of fugitive war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic moving about freely with family members.
The video was first broadcast Wednesday on Bosnian Federal Television (FTV). The network said it has about one hour of video mostly shot after Mladic was indicted by war crimes prosecutors in 1995. A report accompanying the video said some of the footage was shot as recently as last year. But Serbian official Rasim Ljajic insisted the images are all at least eight year old.
Serbian authorities, who say they do not know Mladic's whereabouts, also say the broadcast video is part of materials confiscated last year from Mladic's relatives and turned over to war crime prosecutors in The Hague.
A former Mladic bodyguard told a Belgrade court Tuesday the former commander of Serb forces in Bosnia-Herzegovina moved around freely in Serbia under army protection until 2002.
Branislav Puhalo said about 50 heavily armed men guarded Mladic as he visited restaurants, the Interior Ministry and attended football matches. Puhalo testified at the trial of a group charged with sheltering Mladic and helping him avoid arrest.
The witness said the late Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic had authorized the unit in 1997 to protect Mladic from what were termed "criminals and bounty hunters."
Some information for this report was provided by AP and Reuters.