Belgium has detained two more suspects in connection with the Paris attacks last month, bringing to eight the number of people charged in the case.
The federal prosecutor’s office said Thursday that a 20-year-old French national, identified only as Samir Z., had been held for questioning at Brussels airport (Zaventem) on Sunday as he was boarding a flight to Morocco.
The second suspect, a 28-year-old Belgian, identified as Pierre N., was also arrested Sunday during a search in his home in the Brussels district of Molenbeek.
Several of the Paris attackers resided in Molenbeek.
Both suspects appeared before a Belgian court Thursday and were charged with participating in the activities of a terrorist organization, prosecutors said.
Since the investigation opened, six other suspects have been charged in connection with the November 13 Paris attacks.
One hundred thirty people were killed at a soccer stadium, a concert hall, and bars, restaurants and cafes across the French capital.