Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has signed an official court document declaring that she has turned over all relevant emails sent and received on her personal email account during her tenure as the nation's top diplomat.
The statement signed by Clinton was filed in federal court on Monday, and comes with the penalty of perjury if the court determines she purposely falsified any information.
Clinton, who is seeking the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination, has been under scrutiny in recent months after it was revealed she used her personal email account to send official messages. She said she has turned over 55,000 pages of emails to the State Department, and has authorized the agency to make the emails public.
The statement was filed as part of a lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch, a conservative group seeking access to information about Clinton related to her tenure at the State Department during President Barack Obama's first term.
The U.S. Justice Department is considering an investigation into a possible compromise of sensitive information in Clinton's emails, but says it would not be a criminal probe. During a campaign appearance in Iowa last week, Clinton said she never sent or received classified information through her personal account.
Critics have accused her of trying to hide controversial communications in her private account, including those surrounding the deadly terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya in 2012.