Accessibility links

In NW Pakistan, Army Offensive Causes Massive Number of Displaced

  • Ayaz Gul

Pakistan’s army offensive in North Waziristan has resulted in the large-scale displacement of the local population. VOA's Ayaz Gul reports from northwest Pakistan where authorities say around 80 percent of the estimated 1 million internally displaced persons [IDPs] have settled in Bannu district, while much of the remaining 20 percent are scattered in nearby cities.

XS
SM
MD
LG