Two Kenyan soldiers have been fired and arrested for stealing cell phones and other items during last month's deadly mall siege in Nairobi.
General Julius Karangi announced the dismissals on Tuesday. He said a third soldier was under investigation.
Earlier, the Kenyan military said soldiers only took water from the Westgate shopping center as they battled Islamist militants.
Security camera footage showed several soldiers taking things from various counters, however, and walking away carrying plastic shopping bags.
Also, shopkeepers complained about missing items when they returned to the mall after the siege.
In addition to cell phones, Karangi said cameras and chargers were among stolen items.
The four-day siege left at least 67 people dead, not including the attackers.
Al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the raid, saying it was retaliation for Kenya's military intervention in Somalia.
Kenya sent troops to Somalia two years ago to help battle al-Shabab, which has been fighting to turn Somalia into a strict Islamist state.