President Barack Obama says the United States' counter-terrorism efforts in Yemen continue, despite political upheaval in the country.
Speaking in New Delhi, Obama dismissed media reports that drone-based operations had been temporarily halted after Yemen's U.S.-backed president and his Cabinet tendered their resignations Thursday.
"I saw some news reports that suggested somehow that that kind of counter-terrorism activity had been suspended - that is not accurate. We continue to go after high value targets inside of Yemen and and we will continue to maintain the pressure that is required the American people safe," he said.
Yemen's parliament cancelled a meeting on Sunday to discuss the high-level resignations.
Houthi militiamen in Sana'a fired warning shots to disperse protesters challenging the rebel takeover. The Shi'ite faction overran the presidential palace last week following a four-month armed conflict in the capital.
The self-styled revolutionary group is seeking an expanded political role, triggering what President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi called "total deadlock" in government, and creating a power vacuum.
Some material for this report came from AP, AFP and Reuters.