U.S. Initiatives to Fight Ebola
- Assign 3,000 U.S. forces to Monrovia, Liberia, to provide command and control support in the region, facilitate coordination of U.S. and international relief efforts.
- Train as many as 500 health care workers a week.
- Build 17 heath care facilities in the region of 100 beds each.
- Provide home health care kits to 400,000 households, including 50,000 that the U.S. Agency for International Development will deliver to Liberia this week.
- Carry out a home- and community-based campaign to train local populations on how to handle exposed patients.
Sources: White House, AP