Thirty-one of the 33 miners trapped underground in a Chilean mine last year have sued the government for negligence.
The claim, filed Friday, is asking for compensation of half a million dollars for each miner.
The group's lawyer says the agency in charge of supervising security standards inside the San Jose mine in Copiapo failed to insure a safe work environment.
Fourteen of the 33 miners said earlier this month they wanted to retire because they have not been able to overcome the physical and psychological effects of their 69-day entrapment underground.
The Associated Press has reported Chilean President Sebastian Pinera is considering the retirement requests and will decide next month whether to grant a $428 monthly pension to each of the 14 miners.
The 33 miners were trapped 700 meters below ground from August 5 to October 13, 2010.
Their spectacular rescue was televised around the world.