A federal prosecutor says there are no plans to press charges against disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong, who lied under oath about using performance-enhancing drugs.
U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte, who was the lead federal investigator in the Armstrong case, said Tuesday Armstrong's recent television confession that he did, in fact, use drugs does not change his view.
Birotte said prosecutors decided last year to close their case against Armstrong, but he said the government will continue to look at the situation.
The 41-year-old Armstrong denied for years that he used banned drugs. But the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency uncovered evidence last year that Armstrong did cheat.
He was stripped of his record seven Tour de France wins and has been banned from competitive cycling for life.
Armstrong admitted using drugs during an interview last month with U.S. television personality Oprah Winfrey in the hopes that the ban would at some point be lifted.