The Saudi branch of al-Qaida says the Saudi interior minister and his son were the targets of last week's foiled suicide attack on a government building in Riyadh.
A statement posted Tuesday on the Internet identified the minister, Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz, as the bombing target, and promised more such attacks in the future.
Last week, Saudi authorities said two of the 10 militants slain in the kingdom December 29 were senior members of al-Qaida.
The ministry said the two were among seven suspects killed in a raid on a house in the Saudi capital. That raid occurred hours after the foiled attacks on the Interior Ministry and a police training facility in Riyadh.
Some information for this report provided by Reuters and AFP.