Serbia's war crimes prosecutor says he fully backs claims by United Nations officials that fugitive war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic is hiding in Serbia.
Prosecutor Vladimir Kukcevic's comments appeared Monday, in Belgrade's Blic daily newspaper.
Serbia has in the past denied that Mladic was in the country, and said it had done all it could do to deliver the fugitive general to the U.N. war crimes tribunal in The Hague.
Belgrade's failure to find Mladic prompted the European Union earlier this year to suspend pre-entry talks with Serbia.
Mladic has been evading arrest since his 1995 genocide indictment. The Hague tribunal indicted the former top commander of Serb forces in Bosnia-Herzegovina for his role in attacks on civilians during the Balkan conflict of the 1990s. These include the Srebrenica massacre.