US Citizens Detained by North Korea
- 2013 - Kenneth Bae sentenced to 15 years hard labor for plotting to overthrow the government.
- 2011 - Eddie Jun Yong-su detained for apparent missionary-related activities. Released following visit by U.S. delegation.
- 2010 - Christian activist Aijalon Mahli Gomes sentenced to eight years hard labor. Release secured by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter.
- 2009 - Christian missionary Robert Park beaten and detained for 43 days before being released.
- 2009 - Journalists Euna Lee and Laura Ling sentenced to 12 years hard labor. Release secured by former U.S. President Bill Clinton.