Findings of the Accountability Review Board for Benghazi
- There were no protests before the attacks.
- Intelligence provided no specific warning of the attacks.
- The scale and intensity of the attacks was not anticipated.
- Systemic failures and leadership deficiencies in the State Department resulted in inadequate security.
- The Libyan government's response to the attack was "profoundly lacking."
- U.S. personnel in Benghazi acted with courage in a "near impossible situation."
- There was not enough time for U.S. military assets to have made a difference.