Tips from the National Park Service to make tourists' July 4th experience on the National Mall safe and enjoyable:
- The Mall Opens at 10:00 am
- Bring food, water and sunscreen.
- Do not bring weapons, alcohol or fireworks.
- Bring the NPS map to know where to enter the grassy expanse known as the Mall.
- Check out the World War II Memorial before it closes at 4:00 p.m.
- Don't miss the fireworks! Display starts at 9:10 p.m.
- The fireworks are loud. Bring ear plugs for sensitive ears.
- For more information visit the NPS website.