Military officials from North and South Korea have held talks Thursday for the first time in three months.
The working-level talks focused on ways to improve overland passage to the North's Mount Kumgang resort, as well as an industrial park being built in the North Korean town of Kaesong.
South Korean officials also said they asked North Korea to participate in a separate round of high-level military talks that were canceled in July. Seoul says Pyongyang did not respond to the request.
General officers from both sides had been scheduled to hold talks in July to verify the dismantling of propaganda signboards along the Demilitarized Zone. But the talks were canceled after Seoul accused Pyongyang of violating a sea border.
Some information for this report provided by AP and AFP.