The Trial of Charles Taylor
- Taylor was sentenced in 2012 to 50 years in prison for war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Taylor pleaded not guilty to 11 counts of war crimes, crimes against humanity and other serious violations of humanitarian law.
- The crimes were committed after November 30, 1996, during Sierra Leone's civil war.
- Taylor denied he received blood diamonds from rebels in Sierra Leone in exchange for weapons.
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell testified about a gift of diamonds believed to have been from Taylor