TOKYO - A Michelin-starred restaurant in Japan has been ordered temporarily shut after 14 people got food-poisoning on a fancy Japanese-style meal there.
The Kanagawa prefectural government said officials were investigating after six men and eight women complained of diarrhea and stomach pains after eating at Kita Kamakura Saryo Gentoan on June 11.
Among what was on their menu were squid, jelly with sea urchin, pumpkin cooked with fish, eel and sweets, according to the prefecture.
A picturesque restaurant among the trees of Kamakura, a coastal town south of Tokyo, it was known for serving meals in quiet Japanese-style rooms.
The restaurant closed on its own June 14. The prefecture's order was made June 20 and remains effective until the cause is determined. Usually, such closures last a few days.