A woman cries near the body of her husband who died of suspected food poisoning at Bidarahalli, near Sulawadi village in Chamarajnagar district of Karnataka state, India, Saturday, Dec. 15, 2018.
A woman cries near the body of her husband who died of suspected food poisoning at Bidarahalli, near Sulawadi village in Chamarajnagar district of Karnataka state, India, Saturday, Dec. 15, 2018.

Indian officials say 11 people are dead and 93 are in the hospital after eating tomato rice that was apparently contaminated at a temple in the southern Indian state of Karnataka.

Chamraj Nagar India


Twenty nine of the 93 people are on ventilators, said K.H. Prasad, the health officer for Chamraj Nagar district where the temple is located.

Samples of the food are being tested, health officer said.

Devotees had gathered at the temple for a consecration ceremony.

Child Marriage