BETHESDA, MARYLAND - U.S. President Donald Trump is "in very good health," according to his official physician following an examination on Friday at the Walter Reed National Military Center.
"Over the course of approximately four hours, I performed and supervised the evaluation with a panel of 11 different board-certified specialists," said Dr. Sean Conley in a memo for White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.
Trump, 72, "did not undergo any procedures requiring sedation or anesthesia," said Conley, who is the physician to the president and holds the rank of commander in the U.S. Navy.
The full medical reports and recommendations are still being finalized, according to Coney's memo, which added that Trump is "is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his Presidency and beyond."
The president made no comment to reporters while leaving the hospital or returning to the White House. As he was driven several hundred meters on the 98-hectare facility to a helicopter landing zone, Trump waved to journalists and minutes later, back on the South Lawn of his White House, he signaled a thumbs-up but declined to respond to a barrage of questions.
This was the second such physical exam of his presidency.
Questions were raised about the true health of the president after the first one.
The White House doctor at the time, Navy Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson, declared Trump in "excellent health," attributing it to "incredibly good genes."
The doctor also declared that he had told the president he "might live to be 200 years old" if Trump would just eat healthier foods.
After the 2018 physical, Jackson told reporters the president weighed 108 kilograms (239 pounds) and could reasonably lose approximately 4 to 7 kilograms (10 to 15 pounds).
Jackson last year said Trump would undergo a colonoscopy in 2019. The procedure apparently was not performed on Friday.
Jackson later was nominated by Trump to run the Department of Veteran Affairs, but the admiral withdrew his name after allegations of misconduct surfaced, including accusations he improperly dispensed medication.
The admiral denied the allegations, which Trump called "lies," the president subsequently recommended him for a second star (higher military rank), and the president recently promoted him to White House chief medical adviser.