U.S. President Barack Obama, arriving for his historic trip to Cuba, stepped off Air Force One under cloudy skies and light rain at the airport in Havana just after 4:30 Sunday afternoon.
On the tarmac, the president, his wife and two daughters were greeted by a Cuban delegation that also presented first lady Michelle Obama with a bouquet of flowers.
The were greeted by the following people:
- Bruno Eduardo Rodríguez Parrilla, minister of Foreign Affairs, Cuba
- Josefina Vidal Ferreiro, general director of the United States Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba
- Gustavo Machin Gomez, deputy director for American Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba
- José R. Cabañas Rodríguez, Ambassador of Cuba to the United States
- Inés Fors Fernández, Wife of Ambassador José R. Cabañas Rodríguez
- Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis, charge d'affaires to Cuba at the U.S. Embassy, Havana, Cuba
- Jennifer Lee DeLaurentis, wife of Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis