Libya's top prosecutor says the trial of slain Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's son, who is charged with murder linked to the country's 2011 civil war, will open in mid-September.
Prosecutor Abdel-Qader Radwan told reporters Tuesday that proceedings against defendant Seif al-Islam Gadhafi and 29 other defendants linked to the former regime will begin September 19 in Tripoli.
Moammar Gadhafi's former intelligence chief, Abdullah al-Senoussi, and Baghdadi al-Mahmudi -- Gadhafi's last prime minister -- also are among those facing charges, which range from murder and the formation of armed gangs to inciting rape and kidnappings.
Seif al-Islam Gadhafi was captured in late 2011 near the border with Niger, just weeks after his father was killed by a frenzied mob while trying to flee his hometown of Sirte.
Since then, the 40-year-old son has been held by a brigade of former rebel fighters about 200 kilometers southwest of the capital.