North Korea is denying recent accusations made by South Korea that it launched cyberattacks on the smartphones of several South Korean government officials last month.
An editorial in the North's state-run Rodong Sinmun newspaper Sunday said claims made by the South's National Intelligence Service last week were "fabrications" aimed at rallying support for a controversial proposed new anti-terrorism law.
The NIS said Pyongyang conducted the attacks on the smartphones of dozens of South Korean officials between late February and early March.
The spy agency also claimed the North made an unsuccessful attempt to hack into the email accounts of South Korean railway officials earlier this year as preparation for a cyberattack on the South's railway transport control system.
South Korea has blamed Pyongyang for previous cyberattacks on banks, military installations, government agencies, media outlets and a nuclear power plant.
The United States has also accused the communist government of launching a cyberattack in 2014 on Sony Pictures in retaliation for The Interview, a satirical film that depicted the assassination of leader Kim Jong Un.
Pyongyang has denied all the accusations.