Israeli soldiers have killed a Palestinian teenager during clashes in the West Bank, where Israel is carrying out a weeklong military operation following the disappearance of three Israeli teenagers.
Palestinian officials say 15-year-old Mohammed Dudin died early Friday in the village of Dura near the divided city of Hebron after being shot in the chest.
Israeli officials say soldiers conducting overnight arrest raids used live ammunition on a group of Palestinians who threw rocks and Molotov cocktails at the troops.
Three other Palestinians were seriously injured when soldiers opened fire during a raid on the Qalandiya refugee camp, where Israeli officials say youths were also throwing stones.
Over 300 Palestinians have been arrested as Israeli troops have fanned out across the West Bank this week, searching over a thousand homes. Two Palestinians have been killed.
The raid follows last week's disappearance of three Israeli boys from a West Bank settlement. Israel says they were kidnapped by Hamas, but has given no proof.
The Islamist militant group has not claimed responsibility for the alleged kidnapping, but its officials have said that such attacks are justified.
Israeli officials have acknowledged that the military campaign is aimed not only at finding the missing teens, but is also trying to deal a blow to Hamas, which does not recognize the state of Israel.
In the Gaza Strip, where Hamas is in control, rockets continued to fly into Israel from militant hideouts. Israel responded late Thursday with air strikes. No injuries were reported either in the rocket attacks or airstrikes.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has condemned the alleged kidnapping, saying the boys are "human beings just like us who must be returned to their families." He has also criticized the Israeli operation, saying it amounts to collective punishment.