Peruvian health officials say three school children have died and dozens were treated at a hospital after eating food contaminated with pesticide.
Offcials say 88 children and at least three adults became ill after consuming food prepared in a pot containing pesticide residue in Cajamarca, 500 kilometers north of Lima, the capital.
Health officials say the food provided by the governrment was of good quality, but the pot used for cooking on Tuesay was not properly cleaned.
Prosecutors are now investigating how the pesticide got into the cookware.
Some information for this report was provided by AP and AFP.