Saudi Arabia says its security forces have killed five men wanted for last week's failed attempt to bomb a massive oil processing plant.
The Saudi Interior Ministry says a sixth suspected militant was arrested in a separate raid Monday and will be interrogated.
The five men were killed during a shootout with government troops in a residential area of Riyadh. Authorities say two of them were on Saudi Arabia's list of most wanted al-Qaida members issued last year. The terrorist network's Saudi branch says it was behind last week's attempted attack and has vowed to hit other Saudi oil installations.
In Friday's attack, Saudi authorities say guards at the oil refinery opened fire on two attack vehicles, killing the suicide bombers before they hit the compound.
Even though Saudi officials say the foiled attack did not affect plant operations, oil prices jumped $2 a barrel. It was the first time terrorists have attacked a Saudi oil facility.
The Abqaiq plant handles two thirds of the Kingdom's oil output and is run by Saudi Aramco, which took over Saudi oil production in the 1970s.
Some information for this report was provided by AFP and Reuters.