A South Korean official says North Korea is expected to give the first complete account of its nuclear programs in one or two weeks as part of an international disarmament agreement.
Speaking with reporters Thursday in Seoul, the official said that it is important that the list be submitted at the earliest date possible and that it be complete.
A key issue is likely to be whether the declaration includes details regarding the North's suspected uranium enrichment program.
North Korea has long been suspected of enriching uranium, a process that can produce material for nuclear weapons. The North denies pursuing enrichment, but acknowledges having weapons-grade plutonium.
Earlier this week, a team of U.S. experts began disabling facilities at the North's Yongbyon nuclear complex. U.S. and South Korean officials say the team is making good progress in disabling the facilities.
Under the international disarmament agreement, North Korea promised to dismantle its nuclear facilities and declare all of its nuclear programs by the end of this year. In return, it was promised energy assistance and political concessions.
Some information for this report was provided by AP.