North Korea has again said it will rejoin six-party talks on its nuclear ambitions if the United States drops what it called its "hostile policy" towards Pyongyang.
North Korea's foreign ministry issued a statement Friday saying six-party talks could begin immediately, if the United States changes its stance.
The two Koreas, the United States, China, Russia and Japan have held three rounds of talks in Beijing on North Korea's nuclear ambitions, but little progress has been made.
A fourth round was scheduled for late September, but North Korea refused to participate, saying the talks were worthless.
Earlier this week, a senior Russian diplomat said he did not expect a new round of six-party talks to take place before the middle of November at the earliest.