Colombia's leftist FARC rebels have announced a two-month unilateral cease-fire as the rebel group and Colombian government resumed peace talks in Havana.
FARC said it would halt all military operations and acts of sabotage through January 20.
FARC lead negotiator Ivan Marquez said the move was aimed at strengthening the "climate of understanding" needed for the talks.
The Colombian government says military operations against the rebels will continue. Colombian Defense Minister Juan Carlos Pinzon says history shows the rebels have never kept their word. The government says it wants to reach an agreement with the rebels in a matter of months, not years.
Peace talks began in Norway last month. They are the first negotiations since 2002.
Since 1964, civil war has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives in Colombia.