I'm sure you're most curious to hear about the essays you'll have to write. Well, here's the guidance:
Please write an essay of 250 – 500 words on a topic of your choice or on one of the options listed below, and attach it to your application before submission.
1) Evaluate a signiﬁcant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have
2) Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to
3) Indicate a person who has had a signiﬁcant inﬂuence on you, and describe that inﬂuence
4) Describe a character in ﬁction, a historical ﬁgure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an inﬂuence on you, and explain that inﬂuence.
5) A range of academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds much to the educational mix. Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity in a college community or an encounter that demonstrated the importance of diversity to you.
6) Topic of your choice
The Common Application is an undergraduate application form accepted by over 450 schools (including a few outside the U.S.). Some of those schools will still require a supplement with your application, so be sure you know each school's requirements.