An Argentine prosecutor on Monday dismissed allegations that President Cristina Fernandez tried to derail an inquiry into the bombing of a Jewish center in 1994, likely marking the end of the case.
Federal prosecutor Javier De Luca was assigned to the case by Argentina's top appeals court after it had already been rejected by a lower court in February, a decision upheld by a lower appeals court on account of "lack of evidence."
"There has been no crime,'' De Luca told Reuters. In his official statement, he said his decision was "equivalent to a definitive sentence."
The allegations were originally leveled by late prosecutor Alberto Nisman, who was found dead in his flat with a bullet wound to the head on Jan. 18 the day before he was due to testify about them to parliament.
Nisman had accused Fernandez of trying to cover up Iran's alleged involvement in the truck bombing of the AMIA Jewish Community center in Buenos Aires in order to clinch a grains-for-oil deal with Tehran.
Iran denies any involvement in the bombing.
Nisman's mysterious death spawned a slew of conspiracy theories, some involving Fernandez.