French police arrested a 29-year-old man Tuesday in the Paris region as raids continue across France in pursuit of suspects in last month’s attacks claimed by Islamic State, French media reported.
As part of a vast investigation into the attacks that left 130 people dead and more 350 injured, police have conducted 2,700 raids and placed 360 people under house arrest, French authorities said.
The Paris prosecutor’s office also said police arrested a man and a woman in northern France on suspicion of helping to secure firearms for the man who attacked a kosher supermarket in January. The arrests came nearly a year after the attacks on the Charlie Hebdo magazine and the supermarket left 17 people dead.
The arrests of eight men in connection with last month's Paris attacks have occurred in Belgium, where the attacks are thought to have been organized. One man has been detained in Turkey on suspicion of scouting the concert hall, bars and restaurants where the attacks took place.
Three of the nine attackers have yet to be identified, including two of the three suicide bombers who blew themselves up outside Stade de France. The third unidentified man suspected to have participated in the shooting attacks on the terraces of restaurants and bistros died alongside the ringleader in a shootout with police November 18.
A 26-year-old French citizen suspected to have played a key logistical role is still on the run and subject to an international arrest warrant.