Recent Mass Shootings in the United States
- December 2012: A gunman kills 20 children at a school in Newtown, Connecticut.
- August 2012: An Army veteran kills six people at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.
- July 2012: A gunman kills 12 people during a showing of a Batman movie in Colorado.
- January 2011: A gunman kills six people and wounds U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona.
- November 2009: A U.S. Army psychiatrist kills 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas.
- April 2007: A Virginia Tech university student kills 32 people before committing suicide.
- April 1999: Two Columbine High School students kill 12 students, one teacher and themselves in Colorado.