Six U.N. peacekeepers killed in a car bomb attack in southern Lebanon earlier this week are expected to receive a state funeral in Spain Tuesday.
The six peacekeepers were part of a Spanish U.N. contingent. Three of them were from Colombia.
On Monday, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the U.N. Security Council condemned what they called a "terrorist attack" that killed the six peacekeepers on Sunday.
The United Nations said Mr. Ban has called for a full investigation and hopes Lebanon's government succeeds in bringing those responsible to justice.
No one has claimed responsibility for the bombing - the first deadly attack on the U.N. peacekeeping force in Lebanon since last year's war between Israel and the Lebanese-based Shi'ite militant group Hezbollah.
In other news, two Lebanese soldiers were shot dead Monday by militants holed up in a Palestinian refugee camp in northern Lebanon.
More than 80 Lebanese troops have been killed since the government began its drive last month to expel Fatah al-Islam militants from the Nahr al-Ared refugee camp.
Last week, Lebanese officials declared an end to major combat at the camp. A Palestinian mediator said Fatah al-Islam also declared a cease-fire.
Some information for this report was provided by AFP, AP and Reuters.