A top U.S. diplomat has ended a three-day visit to North Korea without a complete list of Pyongyang's nuclear weapons programs.
Sung Kim, the U.S. State Department's top Korea expert, told reporters at Beijing's airport Saturday that he met with North Korean Foreign Ministry officials and discussed issues related to the list.
Kim says he told the officials of the need to provide a complete and correct declaration. When asked whether the North provided a list, Kim said, "No."
North Korea began taking apart its main nuclear plant in November under a six-nation disarmament deal. But it missed an end of the year deadline to account for all of its nuclear weapons programs.
Chinese state media say North Korean leader Kim Jong Il told a visiting Chinese official this week that he remains committed to the nuclear disarmament pact.
North and South Korea, the United States, China, Japan and Russia reached the disarmament deal last year.
North Korea is to receive energy aid and improved diplomatic standing in exchange for its initial disarmament steps.
North Korea staged a nuclear test in 2006.
Some information for this report was provided by AFP, AP and Reuters.