Nigerian officials say 25 children have died after being given a tainted teething medicine.
Nigeria's food and drug control agency (NAFDAC) says the drug, sold under the name "My Pikin," is designed to relieve the pain caused by teeth coming in.
But officials say instead of using approved painkillers, the manufacturer used a substance called diethylene glycol, commonly used in antifreeze and industrial solvents.
Officials say the company behind the bad medicine, Barewa Pharmaceuticals, has been shut down, and they are urging parents not to give the teething medication to their children.
NAFDAC says the 25 deaths were reported at hospitals in Lagos, Zaria and Ibadan. They say at least 30 other children have been hospitalized with kidney failure after suffering from fever, vomiting and diarrhea.
Some information for this report was provided by AFP, AP and Reuters.