The interim government of Honduras has reinstated a nighttime curfew in
Tegucigalpa, after thousands of protesters marched on the capital city,
burned a bus and destroyed a business.
The protesters massed Tuesday as the Organization of American States reaffirmed plans to send a group of foreign ministers to work on restoring the elected government. The demonstrators demand the return of ousted President Manuel Zelaya, who was forced out of the country in June.
The interim Honduran government says it will allow OAS crisis negotiators to visit, as long as OAS chief Jose Miguel Insulza attends only as an observer.
President Roberto Micheletti's government had originally said it would bar Insulza.
Insulza had been scheduled to arrive in Honduras Tuesday with several OAS foreign ministers to press for Mr. Zelaya's reinstatement. That trip is now expected to take place next week.
The Micheletti government has so far refused any proposal that would allow Mr. Zelaya's return, accusing him of trying to unlawfully extend his term in office. Costa Rica's President, Nobel Peace Prize winner Oscar Arias had been mediating talks between the two sides, but he is now quarantined in his home, suffering from H1N1 Swine Flu.
U.S. President Barack Obama has called Mr. Zelaya's ouster a "coup" and says constitutional and democratic order must be restored "for the sake of the Honduran people." He says the United States, Canada and Mexico are united on the issue.
South American leaders attending a summit in Ecuador also said they would not recognize the authority of Honduras' interim government.
Some information for this report was provided by AFP and AP.