Haitian radio station Radio Haiti Inter will stop broadcasting on Saturday because of constant threats of violence against its journalists.
The announcement came Friday from Michelle Montas, the widow of the station's slain owner, Jean Dominique.
Ms. Montas said the decision to temporarily stop broadcasting was made to prevent possible attacks on employees. She did not say when the radio would resume broadcasts.
Gunmen attacked the house of Ms. Montas last year, killing one of her bodyguards. Her husband, Mr. Dominique was shot and killed in 2000 by unknown attackers.
The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists says these attacks appear to have been carried out by militant supporters of President Jean-Bertrand Aristide. In a letter to Mr. Aristide earlier this week, the Committee criticized his government for failing to protect the safety of Haiti's journalists.
Friday's announcement by Radio Haiti Inter comes days after another radio station in Haiti, Radio Metropole, halted news broadcasts to protest similar threats.