The Red Cross says it will visit the 14 terror suspects transferred from secret U.S. Central Intelligence Agency-run prisons to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
A spokeswoman for the International Committee of the Red Cross says the United States has assured the humanitarian agency it will have access to the men.
President Bush acknowledged Wednesday for the first time that agents with the CIA had interrogated terror suspects at secret overseas locations and moved 14 of them to Guantanamo.
Mr. Bush said one of the transferred men is Khalid Sheik Mohammed - the alleged mastermind of the September 11 attacks on the United States in 2001.
The president urged Congress Wednesday to approve the creation of military commissions to try such detainees. He says the secret CIA detention centers saved countless lives and were a vital tool in the war against terror.
Other suspects moved to Guantanamo include alleged September 11 plotter Ramzi Bin Al-Shibh, and two members of Indonesia's al-Qaida-linked terror group Jemaah Islamiyah, Hambali and Zubair.
A U.S. Defense Department spokesman says their interrogations may continue at Guantanamo, but under new rules that protect all U.S. military detainees from abuse.
The Pentagon would not say where the men had been held or which part of Guantanamo's facility will be their new home.