The international aid group Doctors Without Borders says two of its employees, who were kidnapped last week in the Democratic Republic of Congo, have been released.
The agency says the employees, a French logistical expert and his Congolese driver, were released Saturday without conditions and are in good health.
It says their release could not have been secured without the help of the local community in the northeastern Ituri province, which mobilized to help win the men's freedom.
The two aid workers were abducted by armed men on June 2 while traveling to a refugee camp in Ituri.
Aid groups say ethnic fighting in the province has left at least 60,000 people dead since 1999.
Some information for this report provided by AFP and AP.