Officials in Turkey said Monday the death toll from flooding in the country’s northwestern Black Sea provinces rose to 77 as rescue crews continued to search for dozens of people still reported missing.
The flooding began last week after torrential rains, demolishing buildings and bridges and damaging roads and electricity infrastructure.
Disaster and emergency officials said more than 30 villages remained without power on Monday.
The dead included 62 people in Kastamonu province, 14 in Sinop and one in Bartin, according to the Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate.
AFAD said since the flooding began, more than 2,000 people have been evacuated from those areas.
Some information for this report came from the Associated Press, Agence France-Presse and Reuters