Accessibility links

Breaking News

'Glee' Star Died of Heroin, Alcohol Overdose

Cory Monteith, a cast member in "Glee," poses at the television show's second season premiere in Los Angeles, Sept. 7, 2010.
Cory Monteith, the 31-year-old heartthrob of Fox Television's musical-comedy series Glee, died of an apparently accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol, Canadian authorities said on Tuesday.

The British Columbia Coroners Service said in a release that post-mortem testing on the star, who was found dead on Saturday in a downtown Vancouver hotel room, died of "mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol.'' It said Monteith's death was unlikely to have been intentional.