Police have identified another person who was wounded during the mass shooting at a California garlic festival last month.
Gilroy police said Thursday that a 58-year-old man had been grazed on his head by a bullet in the July 28 attack, bringing the number of injured to 17. Media reports did not give the victim’s name.
Another three people, including two children, died when Santino William Legan opened fire. Legan killed himself at the festival.
The food festival, held annually in the agricultural city of Gilroy, about 170 kilometers (106 miles) southeast of San Francisco, attracts about 100,000 people, and attendees were required to go through screening with metal detectors and bag checks. Police said the shooter cut through a fence to avoid the security checks.
Police said they thought Legan legally purchased his weapon in Nevada. They said his motive was still not known.