Hezbollah's leader says Lebanese authorities will never be able to arrest the four members of his militant group who have been indicted by a U. N.-backed tribunal in the murder of a former Lebanese prime minister.
Sheik Hassan Nasrallah said Saturday in a televised address the suspects will not be turned in "even in 300 years.'' A high-ranking Hezbollah militant and three others were accused in the 2005 assassination of Rafik Hariri.
The bombing killed Hariri and 22 other people. A billionaire businessman, Hariri was Lebanon's most prominent politician after the 15-year civil war ended in 1990.
The Iran-backed militant group has denied any involvement in Mr. Hariri's killing and has threatened to "cut off the hand" of anyone who tries to arrest its members in the case.
Nasrallah's televised speech marked his first comments since the indictment was announced Thursday.
Hezbollah dominates the new Lebanese government formed earlier this month by Prime Minister Najib Mikati.
Hezbollah Rules Out Arrests in Hariri Murder Case
More Middle East News