Police say the anti-Muslim extremist who killed 77 people in Norway last week had considered more targets linked to the government or ruling Labor Party.
After a 10-hour interrogation session Friday, authorities said Saturday that Anders Behring Breivik admitted to considering additional targets for terror strikes.
The police prosecutor would not provide specific details, but described them as "targets which would seem natural for a terrorist."
On Friday, Norway began burying the victims of last week's massacre, as a 77th victim died in the hospital after being wounded in the mass shooting at a youth camp on Utoeya island.
Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg led a somber national memorial service in the capital, Oslo, as two young people were buried in separate funerals.
Breivik has admitted responsibility for the shootings on the island that killed 69 people and a bomb attack in the capital, Oslo that killed eight people.
However, he has pleaded not guilty to terrorism charges.
Norway's top prosecutor says it is possible Breivik also may be charged with crimes against humanity.
The violence was the deadliest in Norway since World War II.
Some information for this report was provided by AP, AFP and Reuters.