Science & Health

A man receives a vaccine against Ebola from a nurse outside the Afia Himbi Health Center on July 15, 2019 in Goma.  Authorities in Democratic Republic of Congo have appealed for calm after a preacher fell ill with Ebola in the eastern city of Goma,…
In light of the spread of the virus to Goma, a WHO Emergency Committee will be convened to determine whether Ebola in the DRC poses a global health threat
Default Author Profile
July 15, 2019
Philippine National Red Cross and Health Department volunteers conduct house-to-house measles vaccination to children at an informal settlers community in Manila, Feb. 16, 2019.
Two leading agencies report nearly 20 million children worldwide—more than one in 10—were not vaccinated against killer diseases
Default Author Profile
July 15, 2019
Congolese security forces attend the scene after the vehicle of a health ministry Ebola response team was attacked in Beni, northeastern Congo Monday, June 24, 2019. A driver working with the team is in critical condition after angry crowds hurled…
Ministry officials, meanwhile, have confirmed the first case of Ebola in Goma, a city of more than 2 million people, along the Rwandan border
Default Author Profile
July 15, 2019
The moon is seen during a lunar eclipse known as the "Super Blood Wolf Moon," in Manaus, Brazil, Jan. 21, 2019.
Event visible from South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia but not North America
Default Author Profile
July 15, 2019
Living a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of Alzheimer's or other dementia, even if you have a genetic risk, a large study found.
Only about 5% of gene mutations tied to Alzheimer’s guarantee you will get the disease, so lifestyle plays a role with the other 95% 
Default Author Profile
July 14, 2019
Observatories and telescopes sit atop Mauna Kea, Hawaii's tallest mountain and designated construction site for a new $1.4 billion telescope, near Hilo, Hawaii, Aug. 31, 2015.
USA
Opponents of the $1.4 billion project say it will desecrate what they consider sacred land
Default Author Profile
July 14, 2019
The Soyuz rocket booster with Soyuz MS-2 space ship carrying a new crew to the International Space Station blasts off in Russian leased Baikonur cosmodrome, Kazakhstan.
The telescope, named Spektr-RG, was delivered into a parking orbit before a final burn Saturday that kicked the spacecraft out of Earth's orbit and on to its final destination: the L2 Lagrange point
Default Author Profile
July 13, 2019